Saturday, January 14, 2006

FRIDAY;THE THIRTEEN AND MY DAY TODAY RESPECTIVELY...

Hey,everybody,Vanakkam.Arigato,Namaste;Selamat Datang if I am not mistaken;Hi;Hello and so on and so forth.How is everyone doing?I hope everyone is doing fine,is good and is doing well and going with the flow.I am back to update my blog after about a fortnight,I think excluding the recent two posts I put up a few days ago.Wow,time indeed flies very fast like wind.We are in the 14th day and just about slightly more than 100 minutes to the 15th and the middle of this month.It is exactly a fortnight since the brand New Year and this year;2006 has been born.

I think the second portion of my MSN Messenger explains something very clearly.I have to be serious,firm and uptight at this point of time!!Like I said,mentioned and stated down there;I CANNOT be persuaded very EASILY as far as certain issues are concerned!I mean it!!Especially religious and sensitive issues!!Some people are trying to convince,persuade me and do some other funny stuff when it comes to "religious" matters.It WILL NOT WORK!!So,don't try your luck;chance and approach to and towards me.You will ONLY Regret!!Some may know what I am referring to.Please BEWARE!!You know who you are.I won't mention names and embarrass you here!!You know very well what I am trying to say,hint and explain;right?Thanks...

Anyway,many people may not know but I will explain something here right now.Today has been a very relaxed day for me coz I did not go anyway for the FIRST time on a Saturday as I would normally and most of the time every week.I rejected most of the offers!!So sorry,there is a reason for that.Today was an auspicious day for all Indians in Singapore and around the world.It is very difficult for me to explain everything here,so I will do a bit only...It was Ponggal today.Hooray!!Thanks to everyone who wished me "Happy Ponggal" both in Tamil and in English respectively by different modes such as the telephone,SMS and personally.The New Year may have born for us for 14 days now,but a brand new year has just arrived and is born for us;Indians today.

Like the Chinese calendar and other calendars in the world of various religions;Indians also have our own calendar/s.Our New Year starts on the 13th,14th of 15th of January yearly.The first day is celebrated and being marked as Ponggal and the second day is "Maattu Ponggal" and so on and so forth.We also have another day which is also our New Year on 14th April in the same year every year.I do not know why these two days are New Years and marked as one for us;quite strange,weird and surprising.Interesting...If you wish to know more,ask your Indian friends or ask the elderly indians.They will be pleased to explain to you.There are many websites to visit too.


By the way,yesterday was a very special day.Did anyone realise?Make a guess...If you guessed correctly,congratulations.Here is the answer:

Yesterday was "FRIDAY;THE 13TH".Hahaha.There are just so many birthdays this month,especially in my own family.Two babies are born in the month of January in my family.They are my brother and my mother respectively.My brother's birthday just passed last week on Saturday;07th January 2006.He has turned "sweet" 16 finally!!And,it was also my mother's birthday yesterday.Guess her age?Anyone care to play and dare this game??She is 51 now.Nobody might believe or just think and believe that I am pulling your leg!!Nope,I am not doing so.It is true and is a fact!!But,she still looks young;pretty and cheerful as always!!Smile always!!


-To be continued-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter